Haven’t we all heard about the magic Ladakh weaves around its monastic and scenic beauty? Exactly when we thought this is all a cold desert can offer, Zanskar unveils itself. There is a class and elegance in Ladakh valley which is been pulling thousands and thousands over many years. But to beat the elegance and match the crudeness, Zanskar pulls adrenaline junkies to pave way through rugged brown mountains and barely any road. If Ladakh ride gives a kick, Zanskar will give a kick, bounce and pleasure to float through one of the most barren and rocky terrain in the world.
The roads less travelled often give the best of results and that’s exactly what Zanskar valley promises for. This ride is going to be one crazy ride as we pass through not only tarmac roads but off road travelling and water crossings will be the constants. Passing through smooth roads and grey valleys up till Kargil from Leh and witnessing a sudden change to monstrous dirt trails yet welcoming valleys of Zanskar, it will definitely braid a new meaning to ‘exploration’. Experiencing different glaciers at a glance, through treacherous mountain trail is a common sight in this valley. Riding over these granular ways and reaching to a sparse population is the USP of Zanskar unlike Leh – Ladakh which is now a well developed touristic spot.
In the northernmost part of Jammu & Kashmir, lies this huge valley which is known for connectivity via just one road which we will ride through. Unlike the Ladakhi culture, people here are in almost seclusion and are living their unique culture without any blend. With very few guesthouses, it adds to more experience while living amidst the locals. Don’t we all at times crave for a life to be lived in the simplest of ways? Then Zanskar is the place to be! Away from the urban civilization, Rangdum and Padum in Zanskar valley are near to the minimalist civilization. From eating food and drinking brewed drinks, all grown and made by the locals themselves and usage of compost dry toilets will pull us all back in time.
Let us mark this journey where Leh throws the card of magical Magnetic Hill, brilliance of 3 Idiot school and unearthliness of Thiksey Monastery, while Kargil brags to be the land of warriors and ‘Aryans’. We finally reach to Padum in Zanskar valley which houses not only Buddhism but also Sunni Muslims. From silky soft roads of Leh to roughest of all terrains in Zanskar valley, we will be extracted out thoroughly for an enchanting memory for decades long.
#Hasttags of the ride
#zanskar #ladakh #batalik #panzila #suruvalley #rangdum #parkachik #nun #kun #padum #countryborders #dah #redaryans #kargil #fotula #naakela #lamayuru #offroad #mountains #lesscivilized #diffrentculture #nosignals #noroads #nosignsoflife #guitar #music #camps #monestries #muntaineering #picnic #maggieonroad
• Accommodation for 10 Nights on Double Sharing
• 10 Breakfast and 10 Dinners + Morning Tea (Veg Meals)
• Royal Enfield 350/500CC
• Fuel Expenses
• Back-Up vehicle with Mechanic and Spare Parts
• Inner Line Permits
• Road Captains
• Free Photography
• First-Aid medical kits
• Free TanTra T-shirt
• Go-Pro video of the ride
• Lunch on All Days
• Any Monument entry Fee
• Personal Expenses (Snacks/Water Bottles/Energy Drinks)
• Cost Escalation due to natural reason/strike/taxi-Bike Union Issues/Anti social unrest (Riders need to bear their expenses of the day in such cases)
• Anything which is not mentioned in inclusions
1/2 Thermal Upper - 1/2 Thermal Lower - Briefs as per requirement - 2 Comfy Boxers - 1 Lower - 3 Denims/cargos - 5 Tees - 1 Jacket - 1 sweter - 8 Pairs of Socks- 1 pair Gloves - Comfortable boots for riding - 1 Slipper - 1 Quick Dry Towel
Face wash - Deo Vaseline - Toothpaste - Toothbrush - soaps - Shampoo - Toilet Paper - Sunscreen
Camera + Charger - Phone + Charger - Multiplug Power Bank
Riding Jacket - Knee Guards - Elbow Guards - Gloves Rain - Liner Thermal - Liner Rain Coat - Riding Boots - Backpack - 5 Bungee Cords - Balaclava - Helmet
RC(self biker) + DL Insurance (self bike) + Photo Id PP Size Photos + Xerox of DL/RC + Xerox of Photo Id + Petrol Jerry Cans + Spare Keys (self bikes)
Personal medication (if any) - Combyflam - Dolo650 - Dettol - Cotton Gauge - Band Aids - Volini Spray - Diamox - Crep Bandage - Knee Cap etc
Chocolates - Polybags - Rubber bands - FlashLight - Scissors - Lighter/Matchbox - Swiss knife - Handkerchief - Diary - Pen - Volet - Debit/Credit cards etc
All essentials should only be consider as advice, essentials may change as per the conditions and situations
I am the individual registering for this programme and hereby agree to the following:
- I understand that if a change in my health or physical condition does occur which might affect my ability to participate in the Program or otherwise exercise safely, that I will immediately notify Tantra AdventureZ.
- I agree that Tantra AdventureZ shall not be liable or responsible for any injuries to me resulting from my participation in the event and I expressly release and discharge Tantra AdventureZ, its owners, employees, agents and/or assigns, from all claims, actions, judgments and the like which I or my heirs, executors, administrators or assigns may have or claim to have as a result of any injury or other damage which may occur in connection with my participation in the event.
- I understand that whenever I will feel light headed, faint, dizzy, nauseated or experience pain/discomfort during the camp, I will stop the activity and inform the Event Leader of Tantra AdventureZ.
- I understand that I am not obligated to perform nor participate in any activity that I do not wish to do, and that is my right to refuse such participation at any time
- I am aware that Tantra AdventureZ does not allow & entertain the consumption of Drugs & Alcohol during the complete activity. If I am found indulging in any such activity, then Tantra AdventureZ has the right to disqualify my participation from the Adventure Activity with immediate effect.
- I acknowledge that trainers of Tantra AdventureZ. are not physicians and are not trained in any way to provide medical diagnosis, medical treatment, or any other type of medical advice. Furthermore I am aware that it is always advisable to consult a physician before embarking on any new adventure activity.
- In the event of my suffering any medical or health difficulty whilst performing any physical activity, and particularly where I may lose consciousness or be unable to deal with matters myself, I hereby authorize Tantra AdventureZ. to contact a physician and to take me to such physician and/or any appropriate medical clinic orother hospital and to use the services of an ambulance where appropriate and I undertake liability for all costs thereby incurred. I am aware of all inherent dangers during the trip. I acknowledge and understand I will be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury, including permanent disability or death and severe social and economic losses which might result not only from my own action, inaction or negligence, but action, inaction or negligence ofothers, or the condition of the premises on or off site or of any equipment used and further, that there may be otherunknown risks not reasonably foreseeable at this time. I assume all these risks and expressly waive, release, discharge and agree not to sue Tantra AdventureZ. for any loss, damage, death, disability, injury, or action of any kind for participating in this camp or any other activities organized by Tantra AdventureZ. and I hereby indemnify and hold Tantra AdventureZ. harmless against any claims by my dependents or other third parties whatsoever arising by reason of my death, disability or injury whilst participating in Adventure Activity.
- I am aware that Tantra AdventureZ does not accept responsibility for any loss, theft and/or damage to vehicles and/or personal property left in vehicles or any other area at the location I am camping.
- I understand and accept that no refunds, whether in whole or in part, will be granted if I cannot complete the activity
- It is in the nature of a holiday of this kind to be flexible. The day to day agenda and ultimate goal of the tour is taken as an aim and not as a contractual obligation. We shall not be responsible for the delays or alterations in the program or expenses incurred due to Conflict, international or internal flight/train/bus delay or cancellations, strikes, sickness, bad weather, natural calamity like landslides/cloud burst/avalanche, road block, war, riots, vehicle problems, political closures, sudden shut down of government office eg immigration office/DC office/RSTA or similar.
- Participants need to bear their own expenses of the day (accommodation + meals, apart from the package cost) in case of change in itinerary due to Conflict, international or internal flight/train/bus delay or cancellations, strikes, sickness, bad weather, natural calamity like landslides/cloud burst/avalanche, road block, war, riots, vehicle problems, political closures, sudden shut down of government office eg immigration office/DC office/RSTA or any other reason which is not under control of Tantra Adventurez.
- In case any Rider wants to drop the bike on the way other that the starting point of the Ride ie LEH then Rider have to bear the transportation charges of the bike, which is Rs 10,000/- per bike.
- The cost is for the entire package and there would be no refunds
- We would not be liable to pay any kind of compensation arising because of any mishap, sickness, accident etc.
- Your participation in a trip is entirely at your own risk. We are NOT responsible or liable for any injuries you may suffer, fatal or otherwise. Also, we are NOT responsible for any loss or damage to your property, including your motorcycle, irrespective of how any damage may have been caused.
- I notify that I do not have any Criminal Cases/Police Cases running against me.
- I agree that this constitutes the entire agreement between me and Tantra AdventureZ and I acknowledge that I conclude this Agreement of my own free will without force or coercion and not having been induced to do so by reason of any representations on the part of Tantra AdventureZ. and any agreement to terminate this Agreement or to amend or vary it in any way, shall not be of any force or effect unless and until reduced to writing and signed by the relevant parties.
- I have read, understand and accept the terms and conditions above.
I have read this Release and Terms of Agreement and understand all of its terms. I sign it voluntarily and with knowledge of its significance.
Participant Name: Signature & Date:
From where the Ride will start?
- Ride will start from LEH.
How difficult is the Ride?
- This ride is meant for experienced riders. Riders planning for this rid must have done any long ride before.
What is the level of off-roading involved?
- Off roading will be there from Lamayuru to Kargil (30-40 KM off road), Kargil to Rangdum it will be off road as well (40-50 KM) & from Rangdum to Padum is completely off road 1(25 KM)
What would be the climate like in August?
- Zanskar is accessiable only 3-4 months a year and August is the best season to travel. Clear SKY and beautiful landscapes.
Do we need to worry about the altitude we are going to?
- Though Ladakh and Zanskar comes under high altitude region as they are the barren lands with less vegitation but that's why we include first day as the acclamitization day in LEH and ride of second day will be really short (125 KM) so that people can be well acclamatized before starting the ride. Apart from that we do keep portable oxygen cylinders in case any participants need it while the trip and also advice to take medication like DIAMOX if someone if more prone to AMS.
Has Tantra organised any previous rides to Zanskar.
- Tantra had organised more than 20 rides to LADAKH in 2017 and this will be the first ever ride to Zanskar that Tantra is organizing. However Tantra have experienced team of road captain's which have been to zanskar before and have a very good idea of the terrains. There are very less Riding groups which organize rides to suh off beat places and Tantra is one of them.